blogging mostly about hair, teen wolf, mermaids, my friends and my cat.
I am also the volunteer coordinator for The Bite Conventions.
Just your daily reminders:
- Racists are a problem
- White people are not
- Homophobes are a problem
- Straight people are not
- Transphobes are a problem
- Cis people are not
- Sexists are a problem
- Men are not
And most importantly,
- Hating an innocent person solely because of their race, sexuality, or gender makes you a fucking asshole
Just some actual daily reminders:
- All white people do racist things without being aware they are
- All straight people do homophobic things without being aware that they are.
- All Cis people do transphobic things without being aware that they are.
- All men do sexist things without being aware that they are.
- Saying things like ‘some men’, ‘some cis people’ absolves the blame of individuals and only seeks to comfort those with privilege and power.
- When a post says ‘some X’, the X will always assume that they are not because THEY ARE NOT AWARE.
And most importantly,
- It’s called metonymy, when anyone who is oppressed makes an exasperated statement like ‘i hate straight people’, they are substituting straight people for the concept of a system and a culture that teaches, incentives, and legitimizes homophobic acts and normalizes homophobic acts so that straight people constantly do honophobic things without realizing it and that’s really fucking annoying.
And just as important,
- The concept of sjws dehumanizes marginalized people and categorizes them as an ‘angry and emotional’ stereotype and only adds to the oppression of marginalized people under the guise of being ‘fair’, while the only thing you are doing is cushioning privileged people from their own ignorance and privilege.
Let’s get real, if I were gonna bang anyone on Teen Wolf, it would be THIS GUY:
1. Teens on the show: ugh, gross, they would be terrible, all jackrabbit humping and Axe.
2. Papa Stilinski might cry.
3. Derek Hale would DEFINITELY cry and would also probably play Your Body is A Wonderland on repeat.
4. Look at this guy. He goes downtown. He goes uptown. He goes on the cross town bus and then gets a transfer so he can take the express. He was super in love with his wife and made crazy love to her constantly and she does not strike me as a lady who is easily pleased and what I’m saying is fffffffffffffff, leg holster me on it. Deep-v-neck me on it.